Thursday, February 17, 2011

Arancini, doing double duty at 3 Doors Down Cafe, SE 37th and Hawthorne

DSC_0352
As an appetizer, served with tomato-butter sauce. As a Happy Hour item, served with aioli. Yummy, no matter what you serve them with.

This is an older photo of these creamy, lightly crusty, little balls of delight. Now the tomato-butter sauce is served on the side. I couldn't get a good enough photo when I was there recently, so I went to my photos on Flickr.

If you're new to my blog, in the interest of full disclosure, please know that my older son Lamont is sous chef at 3 Doors Down Cafe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to find you again. (I've had cancer twice but I'm still here).

Was so sad to know that Duncan & Mamma were gone. And you've moved. I cannot wait til you put pics of the apt. with some "living" in it. It looks so empty in the first photos, but I like it. It's gonna be you!

LOVE the vac. museum. My grandmother was born in 1900. Got married in 1923, and everything she ever had, had that type of lettering on it, like the vacs.

LOVE the food pics when you go out. And of course I love everything (except NASCAR, lol). I'm a few yrs younger than you.

Hurry up and make a nice meal in your new apt. (with photos) and get it all homey looking. I'm waiting. I bet your boys will be there to help you celebrate.

I loved seeing your wedding pics, too, and your husband. That was really special. I got married in 1973. Still am.