Friday, February 05, 2010

Now Serving, The Alibi

My alibi for having gone missing--last Saturday I got to take photos for the Special Olympics Polar Plunge on the Columbia River. And I got to take them while standing on a Multnomah County Sheriff's Office River Patrol Boat! Thank you so much! Naturally I took loads and loads of photos. My little ol' computer is just about worn out with downloading and uploading. But I figured I owed it to the 100's of people brave enough to run into that cold water; I wanted them to have a chance to see their faces as they gave up being warm, all to raise around $140,000 for a great cause.

Anyway, here's something new for you to enjoy!

I adore this sign combo!
DSC_0098p_620

I took this photo on a December, Saturday, as Leland and I drove by in the Buick, a couple of hungry folks on the prowl on Interstate Avenue. As I snapped the photo, I said, "Leland, the sign says lunch! Let's try here!" Turned out to be a brilliant decision. We went there again Saturday before last.
DSC_0505p_620

My lunch on our second visit, a really tasty, juicy, meaty hamburger on a skillfully toasted bun, served with the crispiest waffle flies I've ever eaten. Well, to tell you the truth, I had waffle fries with a different burger back in December, so this is the second time that I've eaten them.
DSC_0113_p

The decor rocks at The Alibi.
Looking across the room from our table
DSC_0106

DSC_0110

A closer view of the hula dancers on the wall in the other dining area
DSC_0507

Behind the bar
DSC_0109

DSC_0117

The menu
DSC_0114

A chair, table, palm tree with lights, and the simulated rock wall
DSC_0111

Leland at the exit--it's a curved, 3-D, bamboo shape
DSC_0124

No comments: