Friday, August 16, 2013

Waterfront Blues Festival, July 4, 2013, After-Hours Allstars at the Marriott

The fabulous music just kept on coming, y'all! And I took some photos as allowed by the light and my momentary ability to stand still. It was not easy to do that because these folks had us all movin' this and movin' that. I had a blast! The party was over around midnight, and I ended up waiting for-ev-er for a cab, which made me some kind of tired on July 5, but it was worth it!
  DSC_0431

Patrick Lamb hosted the after-hours party on July 4. I'm hoping that I have the identities right on these other musicians. Maybe someone will comment if I've made error, straighten me out and all that.
  DSC_0464

Eddie Martinez
  DSC_0470

Ben Jones, with the silhouette of a nearby microphone making like some sort of tattoo. I hope Ben's OK with this photo.
  DSC_0474

Tad Robinson
  DSC_0005

Jennifer Batten
  DSC_0023

Patrick with Andy Stokes.

DSC_0031

Patrick getting down on that saxophone, with the nearby microphone thankfully not making a tattoo on his face.
  DSC_0034

Jennifer again.
  DSC_0037

Andy again.
DSC_0044

I love this photo because to me it shows the appreciation that one musician has for the efforts of another.
  DSC_0046

This is a much better profile photo of Ben. Yea!
  DSC_0056

A candid moment as the end of the song is near. Love the animation!
  DSC_0059

Tim "Too Slim" Langford
  DSC_0074

Karen Lovely moves a whole lot while singing.
  DSC_0085

See what I mean?
  DSC_0092

For a split second, Karen was still enough for me to get a mostly focused photo. Yea!
  DSC_0105_PM Here they are during the last song of the night, two Portland gems, Patrick Lamb and Ben Jones. Most Thursday evenings, Ben hosts Ben Jones and Friends at the Blue Diamond PDX, my neighborhood bar which has live music seven nights a week. Sweet!

No comments: