Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our Mother's Day Dogwood Blossom for Everyone

We took a ride in the Buick on Mother's Day afternoon, through some streets in Southeast Portland. One particular dogwood, among dozens, stood close enough to the sidewalk that I was able to pull over and take a few photos. I held a small branch still and took this photo blindly pointing the camera toward that blossom. I know it's not in focus on the blossom, but still I do like this photo. The green grass in the background makes the photo, I think.
DSC_0171
I wanted to share it with all of you. I know I'm late on Mother's Day, but nevertheless, I'm sending out my best wishes to you.

1 comment:

Becky said...

This IS a lovely photo! I love Dogwood trees...if I ever live somewhere that needs landscaping (or has room for an extra tree), I'm definitely getting a dogwood! I like that it's not centered. It's artsy. :)

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It's nice to see your blog and meet new people this way.