Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Three Doors Down Cafe, A Fine Food and Drink Series, No. 4

The secret's in the stromboli. It tasted just right, hot, peppery, flaky, molten. But as I understand it, the ingredients are not known to the back of the house, to the kitchen, because Kathy--front of the house maven and co-owner of 3DD with chef Dave, her significant other--makes it herself. It tasted so good that the other day as I walked from one place to another at work, I found myself thinking, "Stromboli. Oh, how good that was, wish I had another slice or two, stromboli." You get the picture.
DSC_32

Appetizer truffle potatoes brandade with crostini--I like brandade, a fact that surprises me since, as I understand it, brandade means salt cod has been added to the potatoes. It's creamy and warm and the fish doesn't overpower the potatoes. Spread on the crostini, it makes me wish I had some for lunch!
DSC_0041

Matt almost always comes up with something new for me to try. This time, two sidecars which contain brandy and I'm not sure what else. I do know that I liked the yellow one best. Matt jokingly said he had yet to come up with a green one. If he does, he'll have a traffic signal! And by the way, I don't have those fond stromboli memories just because I drank two sidecars!
DSC_37_two_sidecards

No comments: