Friday, September 24, 2010

My son Lamont is 35 today. My son Leland will be 32 on Halloween. I am blessed.

At first I thought I'd make a post about Lamont's birthday today, then later on make one about Leland's birthday. However, they're together, as brothers should be, in lots of photos, so I'm combining their birthday posts today.

DSCN0304p
In this photo, Lamont is between four and five and Leland is between one and two.

1979_lamont_leland_lamont_3_leland_2_3_months_maybe
Lamont was three years, one month, and one week old when Leland as born.

TMP11
When Leland was six weeks old in December, 1978, the four of us moved from Kansas City, Kansas, to Jackson, Mississippi. My parents came in their Winnebago so the kids and I could ride with them. My husband LeRoy drove the Ryder truck. My brother came, too, in his own vehicle to help out with any and everything. Here we are, early spring 1979, at the John Bell Williams airport out from Raymond, Mississippi. Our friends had flown down from KC to visit us, in that airplane right there beside us. I'm holding our older son Lamont. LeRoy is holding our younger son Leland. LeRoy and I loved our prescription glasses that got darker out in the sunshine. We look pretty doggone cool, I think.

TMP10
Our friend, Ronnie, the pilot. Our friend Lyndall, holding Lamont. My sweet, dearly departed husband LeRoy, holding a dozing Leland.

TMP14
Baby Leland with me, his Mama.

1990_lamont_ma_leland
About 1990, Lamont and Leland with their great-grandmother Vivian, my Daddy's Mama. If it really is 1990, then she's celebrating her 92nd birthday!

232323232fp6>nu=3236>892>283>WSNRCG=3232497332436nu0mrj_p
Mama and Daddy's backyard. We've got seated, left to right my Aunt Baker and JL's grandson Patrick, my son Leland, Patrick's fraternal twin brother Michael. Standing, left to right, my son Lamont, and the twins' older brother Steven. Lamont is in 6th grade.

DSCN0333
Lamont and Leland horsing around on Leland's 21st birthday.

DSCN0306p
Leland's kindergarten graduation.

DSCN0308p
I think this is kindergarten, too.

DSCN0315p
I think Lamont's about 18 months old here. We're still living in Kansas City; he's wearing a sailor hat that he loved to wear.

DSCN0315p
Our cutie's a bit tired here.

DSCN0315p
Precious son Lamont.

TMP15r
Precious son Leland.

DSCN0317p
Lamont with Papaw, my Daddy. Lamont's got a Tupperware lettuce storage bowl on his head. He loved to wear it!

DSCN0302
Leland's a few months old here--it's 1979.

DSCN0318p
Lamont's standing on a chair in our house in Kansas City, at the kitchen sink.

DSCN0331
The guys are six and three here.

DSCN0304p
Here they're four and one. Love that jacket on Lamont and that bow tie on Leland.

DSCN0326p
LeRoy with Lamont who is probably close to one year old.

TMP12
LeRoy with Leland who is probably five or six months old.

DSCN0328
My two precious sons. I love them very much.

lamont_daddy
Lamont and Papaw.

mama_leland
Grandma and Leland.

leland_lamont_jul04_p
The guys, taken on July 9, 2004. They got up early to see us off back to Mississippi before they had to go to work at their respective restaurants.

DSC_0430p
And here they are, the photo that I started the week with--I took it on 9/11/2010.

No comments: