Friday, August 12, 2011

Cars in the Park, All Fords, The Best Red Car, July 30, 2011

For me it's this 1967 Ford Falcon Sports Coupe, the best red that I have seen on any of these Saturdays, not a tomato red, not a blue red, it's a real red. The owner told me that their daughter believes the car makes a fire engine look brown! We talked a bit as he and his wife sat in the shade in their folding chairs, with a painting of their Falcon which their daughter had done, leaned up at the wife's right.

DSC_0049p_p

DSC_0052

DSC_0053
Can you even begin to believe that this paint job is 16 years old? My mouth fell wide open when the owner told me that. He went on to explain that the man who painted it carefully did many layers. I told him that the paint lived for me, literally lived.

DSC_0056p
All about the "67 Ford Falcon Sports Coupe.

DSC_0055
The interior, front seat, and the dash. I wish I had asked about the gear shift--it says Hurst on the side of it!

DSC_0059
The perfect steering wheel.

DSC_0155
If I remember right, the owner told me the upholstery is original. Fantastic!

DSC_0057p
Under the hood.






No comments: