Saturday, June 08, 2013

Mother's Day Mini-Vacation, No. 25 - Critters at home at Smith Rock State Park

DSC_0633_lizard

Lizard on a rock along the path we walked so that I could get a look at part of the park.
  DSC_0710_ducks

Three ducks. I believe that they are mallards.
  DSC_0711_ducks

How about that reflection? I took these from way, way off and much higher up than the surface of the river, with my zoom lens.
  DSC_0712_ducks

I am glad that I managed to get these photos. Maybe some other time I'll be brave enough to walk down into the canyon and luck out with ducks landing on the river again.
  DSC_0713_ducks

Seconds later, they're almost all settled into the water.
  DSC_0714_ducks

I cropped this one so that you can see their green heads which are what leads me to believe that these are mallard.

No comments: