Thursday, March 01, 2007

Corner SW 3rd Avenue and SW Washington .... Click, enlarge and look!



Most every afternoon I wait for my second TriMet bus, the #18 Hillside or the #15 NW 23rd Ave., at the corner of SW 3rd and Washington. Right there in front of me is a beautiful old building that houses a shop on its first floor. I cannot stop looking at their window displays; they're eye-catching, full of vim and verve. So, I thought I'd share the latest that their funky mannequins model for passersby, from inside those great big picture frames.





I cannot decide if I want to be her because of her lavender-ee purple-ee hair, her long legs, her cascading teal blue earrings and matching bracelet, or her preciously snug suit with the colorful buttons. She's just so cute and happy!

Here's the only thing I could find online about the shop, but it's informative. It's from www.portlandpicks back on Feb. 24, 2006 (au coincidence, I took these photos on Feb. 28, 2007!).

"You are so Ori-Jennel

That’s French for “original.” Or maybe not. We barely graduated because of that darn French class, but we can do a mean accent...Orijennel. And this store is “original” but better yet, let’s be straight, it’s Ori Jennel...a cool little shop specializing in fun and funky clothes. It’s a mom-and-daughter venture open just four months. Their goal was to bring Hollywood style to the Northwest. And in light of the looming Oscars, we will be head-to-toe Ori Jennel as we judge all the celebs in their very “un-Ori Jennel” duds (at least compared to us!) Can you tell we like to say that?

They have a nice selection of designer jeans, too. We saw some Sevens we haven’t seen elsewhere. They also carry cool hats, and hip tees and tanks. They also have a 50% and 75% off rack with great deals. The location is easy to get to but set enough out of the hub for easy off-street parking. We didn’t even have to use our parking karma. Squeal! What a Doris Day day!

Ori Jennell Styles
510 SW 3rd Ave.
Portland, OR 97204
971.544.2400"

What do you think? Should I just cross the street one afternoon and at least look at the hats? At the very least, I need to go around the corner onto 3rd and look in the rest of their windows, don't you think? Give me some advice, if you please, and thank you!

No comments: