Monday, April 30, 2007

Anyone know what these are? If you do, put me out my misery, puhleezzee. Tell me!

A few weeks ago, like I do every weekday morning, I got off the #17 at SW 3rd and Salmon, then walked back north half a block to wait for the #10. This particular morning something totally different jumped right out at me, there behind one of the metal, backless benches. Here are six photos of the lovely group of plants with a somewhat astonishing mix of color, shape and size.








I don't have a clue what these beautiful plants are, and I have to report that one day last week they were changed. No, the reds didn't change to greens, the little bell-like flowers didn't blow away in the breeze. Some human being pruned them back to half their original height of about four feet! I'm so thankful for my camera and that I took time to notice them instead of just looking for my next bus!

No comments: