Saturday, April 07, 2007

Vote for Duncan!

Remember this recent photo I took of Duncan?

Well, the very next week I heard an interesting annoucement on the radio, at K-Hits 106.7. Seems that Mark Lindsay's dog was being demoted from her job as official mascot for a month. Lindsay asked listeners to send in photos of their pets for "Mark's Very Important Pet Mascot Contest." Aha, I thought! Who better to nominate than Duncan, the Dapper Dachshund?



He's got Saturday-night-radio-show-mascot written all over his little face, don't you think? With that in mind and trying not to get too excited about the possibility of actually getting to meet Mark Lindsay, the Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere and the Raiders, the one I remember as the cutest guy on "Where the Action Is" after school every afternoon back when I was Provine Ram! Those dark brown eyes! Those Beatle-like bangs! Those long legs! That tricorn hat with the feathers!

Oops, I got so excited that I couldn't stop.

I explained the whole thing to Duncan who looked calmly at me with those expressive brown eyes, sending me the telepathic message that I should enter him in the contest because he just knew that all of my family and buddies would jump at the chance to vote for him. On March 29, I did what he wanted; I e-mailed the photo of Duncan in the little green hat.

Mark e-mailed back!!!!
Mark Lindsay to me Mar 30
Thanks! We’ve just submitted your picture to the K-Hits site manager and it’s up now!
To see it, go to Mark’s page on K-Hits http://khits1067.com/pages/269190.php
From that page, look for Mark's Very Important Pet Mascot Contest and click on that link which will take you to the VIP Mascot nominees. Thanks again and good luck!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Listen to Mark every Saturday night from 7PM to 11PM Pacific Time on http://www.KHITS1067.COM!
Please also visit Mark at http://www.marklindsay.com

Naturally I clicked the link and there was the little cutie's photo. Tickled to see that Duncan's photo was the first one posted on the contest page, I yelled and told him about it, startling the little doggie into barking a couple of times. Once he'd calmed down, I picked him up and pointed him at Honk's screen so that he could see himself there in glorious color! He sent me a reminder message: Get on that blog on Saturday, the day the voting starts, and beg y'all to vote for him.

If you're of a mind to, please go to http://khits1067.com/pages/269190.php (which is Mark Lindsay's page) and then click on Voting is Now Open (in blue) and vote for Duncan, please.

The last message Duncan sent me about the contest, before retiring for the evening a few mintues ago, was to tell you thanks and that he'll remind me to let you know how the contest goes. The winner will be declared on April 13, but it could be that you can vote on that day, too. It's not at all clear: "April 13th, the person submitting the winning mascot's picture will win a VIP package including Mark Lindsay CDs and a T-shirt from Mark Lindsay's Rock & Roll Café...plus we'll have Mark interview you on K-Hits!"

2 comments:

KDIVI said...

Hey Mrs. Hanson, Kristopher here!!!
I voted for Mr. Duncan over and over again!! I sure hope he wins! Just so you know I am still reading the entries (enjoying them as well) even though I may not comment! Tell Mamma and Duncan I said Hi!!!

Lynette said...

Thank you, dear heart! Duncan and I are so glad you were able to vote for him. Thanks!

I'm glad you're still getting to read the posts; I certainly still enjoying putting them out there!

And thanks so much for making a comment. It's neat to get them now and then.

Take good care of yourself, honey, from all three of us!