Sunday, June 03, 2007

Neighborhood Flowers from Monday, May 21

First, I want to thank Marsha from my work for identifying the flowering tree from a couple of posts ago. It's a cornus kousa Chinese dogwood, she told us. I found some pictures on the Oregon State Web site that look practically like mine, plus it appears I should be on the watch for some interesting shaped berries at some point in time. I'll keep y'all posted--ha!

Now I want to give you a tour of flowering plants on Everett, Flanders and Glisan--remember, we live in the Alphabet District?

This is the bud I've posted earlier; it's on Everett. I don't remember any other rhododendrons doing this leaf thing.



Here's a view of the flowers on the same bush that have come out completely. Lovely, delicate.



Even all of this particular bush didn't do that leaf thing; I wonder if it has something to do with where the bud grows on the bush or with the amount of sunlight the bud gets?



I love this one!



This particular bush is on Flanders.




All of the rest of these are on Glisan, in one yard across the street from the William Temple Thrift Store.





No comments: