Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Afternoon delight and Mama news





From my work windows. Remember the hole in the clouds I posted Oct. 13? The photos are of the same area; you can see the tower at the top edge of the treeline.

I've never seen clouds like these. Have you?

Mama sat up in her wooden high-backed, padded chair with arms for one hour this afternoon. When I went to visit after work today, her supper arrived--a grilled cheese sandwich, canned peach slices, vanilla wafers, strawberry sorbet, and milk. She ate with more gusto than I've seen since she became ill, I'm happy to report. She also told me that she stayed awake better, too, and felt less dizzy now and then. Tomorrow's the big day. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Pray for strength, stamina and patience--for me! Ha! Pray for Mama above and beyone me, please. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

3 comments:

CP said...

Those pictures are so gorgeous, Lynette. They're great.

Lynette said...

Thanks, Caseydeeah!

Anonymous said...

They ARE great pictures - reminds me of Van Gogh's Starry Night. Great color!

Praying hard for Mama and you, especially Mama and you as you asked. Take care all of you!

Julie in MN