Monday, September 14, 2009

Beautiful exterior ... makes me wonder about the interior

Please scroll down to see today's dahlia, Lavender Ruffles, from Swan Island Dahlias.

An apartment house on NW 23rd Avenue, or maybe it's condos. I took this photo on March 12 with the Nikon CoolPix L12. I vividly remember when I first saw the building. Lamont, Leland and I had walked and walked and walked throughout the Pearl and the Northwest Hills one afternoon in 2004--when Mama and I were here on our first visit. The building was undergoing renovation. I wondered then how it would turn out, little knowing that in a little over two years we'd be living within walking distance. I love Portland!
DSCN1638

Here's another one that I took with the Nikon D50 on May 9.
DSC_2

Today's dahlia, Lavender Ruffles. Facts from Swan Island Dahlias--Bloom: 12" Lavender, Bush: 3'
DSC_0093_lavendar_ruffles

No comments: