Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Savor summertime at 3 Doors Down Cafe

DSC_0070_640x425

New entree on the menu at 3 Doors Down Cafe. This is the first time I've ever taken a photo of a dish that I didn't eat afterwards. I had listened to Lamont's description of it and knew immediately that I would want to photograph it. So I asked him to let me know when he plated it again. Our waitress did just that. It's pan-roasted Oregon albacore tuna, bacon, chilled mache greens and sliced heirloom tomatoes with Mama Lil's Hungarian pepper aioli.

Before I forget, since Mama and I were at 3 Doors Down on Sunday night, we had Happy Hour food, all small dishes which we shared: grilled corn on the cob with blue cheese butter; tuna salad stuffed piquillo peppers; egg fettuccine, truffle oil and black pepper; mini meatballs, marinara, mozzarella. Actually I took half of the fettuccine and the tuna-stuffed piquillo peppers home and ate them for lunch on Monday. Lucky, lucky me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn. That looks good. Wow. I like this blog template too.

And, in reply to your comment, I am not supposed to go outside, but if I do, I have to take the oxygen with me. It is hard to learn how to live with oxygen tanks.

Vanessa said...

Yummy! I love reading your blogs, but everytime I DON'T think about food and then I click on your blog--there's FOOD. LOL And naturally, with it all looking so fabulous I get hungry. It always looks so great. If we ever make up that way for a visit you'll definitely have to take us to 3DD to sample some of their best. Love y'all!