Thursday, August 12, 2010

Vacation, Day 12, 11/1/2009, Part 2

DSC_0158
Symbolic of the day, the starter's box at Talladega Superspeedway. I took this photo as Ian and I walked down through the empty stands so that we could walk across the track itself, all the way to pit road!

DSC_0159p
I have to say that I love this photo! Why?

DSC_0159p_p
Can you see those two men in the truck, the one of the left and the one on the right? I don't have any idea who they both are, nor can I even see the person in between them. But it's obvious that they could see me and my camera. Look at the eye contact! Look at the smiles! Excitement all around.

I've just found that what we have here is a NASCAR Pace Car Ride! So at least one, maybe two of the people in there won the chance to ride around the track at Talladega. Good grief! Wouldn't I just about faint if I could get to do that? Yep!

No comments: