Saturday, December 04, 2010

Fun at Overlook Park, Saturday, October 16, 2010

DSC_0536p
I'm guessing the little girl standing in front of the clown is the birthday girl.

DSC_0539p-p
In seconds, the clown stood up on the board, balancing on the pipe, then flicked the stick upward causing the plate to fly up, then she caught it in the same hand that held the stick. The kids loved it!

DSC_0564p
Something the clown said to the party-goers got them off and running. The little girl in the lead on the left, the one that I think is the birthday girl, I think I've got it right because she's got on a petticoat that I'll bet the clown brought for her to wear during the party.

DSC_0555p
I took a couple of photos of this dad spinning these girls, watching how he threw his hands off the pipe, hoping to catch the action. I did!

DSC_0551p
As I decided to walk back to Interstate Avenue to wait for the MAX Yellow Line, I noticed a line of bicyclists coming across the park from my right to my left. I waited for them to cross and got this photo. What better place to stop for what turned out to be a short rest, especially on sunny, blue-sky day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like you had a nice day and the activities you photographed is a reminder of what Nature has to offer everywhere all the time. Amazing that most of us have adapted to these gifts and not tried to kill them. As in whale hunting and killing or Sarah Palin whacking wolf mommas and poppas from helicopters. I don't get it or understand lunatics and some countries like Japan, and I spent almost 3 years there, why they have to kill whales. Luntics are hard to predict aaka Pearl Harbor.

Anyway my soap box is gone now...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my blogging buddies...

Patty, and Abe Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio

Marcy Casterline O'Rourke said...

What a beautiful day in the park, beautifully captured. Love the clown and B-day party. And the dad's hands on the merry go round. Fascinating. I noticed them, even before you mentioned them in blog. Great shot!