Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Wendy Brandes Boleyn Necklace is an H

Here I am, all dressed up and already gone somewhere. Don't you just love my silver H necklace? I do! Mama and I got it for my Christmas present. It's a Wendy Brandes' Boleyn Necklace. At her Web page, Wendy describes it as “Inspired by the initial pendant worn by Anne Boleyn.” I forgot to take a photo before I left to catch the bus, but thank goodness I didn't forget once I was back in the apartment a few hours later. I just had to show you how lovely it is.
DSC_0083
I couldn't get a better photo of the necklace, what with breathing, low light, movement when I pushed the button as the camera rested on my shoulder. I wanted to show you this closer view, though, so you could appreciate the exquisite simplicity of the statement the design makes. And I want to tell you that I am very happy to have an H for my maiden name and my married name, uniting both of my families. When I'm not wearing it, I'm keeping it beside my computer on the table where I can see it. It makes me happy, thinking about my families.
H_close

Photos inside the Schnitzer Concert Hall aren't allowed, drat it, but here's the marquee above the SW Park Avenue entrance. I first saw "Mark Twain Tonight," Hal Holbrook's glorious one-man stage show as Mark Twain, in Jackson, Mississippi. It was April, 1969. He was there as part of the Mississippi Arts Festival, held at the Mississippi Coliseum and its surrounding fairgrounds. Thanks to Petula Clark's Web site for confirming the year for me because I vacillated between 1968 and 1969! She was there, too, mesmerizing all us Southerners in the audience. In addition to two of them, I also saw an opera (I cannot remember which one) performed by Mississippi Opera, a performance by Mississippi Symphony, and art exhibitions.
DSC_0066
Saturday evening was perfect. My seat was on the third row! Holbrook as Twain had us in his hand within moments after he started speaking.

3 comments:

Miss Janey said...

Miss Janey loves your WendyB "H" and envies your Holbrook experience.

MissKris said...

I saw Holbrook's "Mark Twain" on TV about a bazillion years ago. Remarkable! He literally had you believing he was actually Mark Twain! Boy, it shows you how much I'm into Portland's nite and artistic life, eh? I didn't even know he was here!

CP said...

what a great picture of you!