Friday, November 19, 2010

Field trip from California got off the bus

DSC_0158p
After work on November 3, once I left the Hawthorne Bridge and got on the 4 for part of the ride home, I realized I had boarded a bus loaded to the gills with energetic, talkative kids, mixed in with several curious adults as well as your standard Portland commuters. I couldn't make out a single word the kids were saying, but I could hear the adults discussing the location of their next stop. When I stood up to get off the bus, I asked one of the men in the group, "Is this a field trip?" "Yes," he replied. "We're here from California." Then without pausing as the bus pulled to a stop, he turned to the rest of the bus and said loud enough to be heard over the din, "This is our stop. Line up on the wall." Which they all did.

No comments: