Friday, June 03, 2011

No. 5, May 16, 2011

DSC_0378p

I am convinced these two people are father and daughter--look at their profiles here and here. Rain continued splattering as these two continued to walk. I stood quietly across the street with my water-repellant coat zipped to my chin, thankful for the narrow roof over my head. As I snapped photo after photo, another part of my brain occupied itself wondering, "Where's the bus? I need to get back to work. I found myself a new curling iron in Freddie's at lunch, but I need to get back to work." It's a good thing I didn't say any of that out loud, although, come to think of it, plenty of people talk to themselves here on a regular basis. I would have fit in, just like I believe I do every time I am walking along in the rain. I am a Portlander.

Flickr; Picnik; Create; Orton-ish with Bloom and Brightness changed from default; Fancy Focus with Focal Size, Edge Hardness and Intensity all changed from default; cropped and resized.

No comments: