Sunday, August 05, 2007

Finally ... my July 4th pix.



Along with Chris and Leslie and their puppy Brixx, Mama and I joined Lamont, Lindsay, Brody and various of their friends for a fun Fourth of July evening.









Besides the puppy party hats, Chris and Leslie brought teensy water guns. Sorry--no water photos. Fun to be had overshadowed photos to be shot. I managed to squirt Leslie, Chris, Lamont, Lindsay and some of those friends. Of course, I got squirted, too. As did Mama who even got some from the water hose at the front of the house! She didn't have a gun of her own but didn't seem to mind not getting any licks in.

This section of the kids' garden thrives in the fantabulous Portland weather.













Lamont grilled onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, tuna. He cooked chicken in the oven. And made salsas from scratch. All made for some great and out-of-the-traditional food for America's birthday, tacos. Delicioso!












As the evening wound down, the kids played glow-in-the-dark-lit-up Frisbee. Some of them kindly posed for a small group picture. Don't even ask me what's up with my elder son Lamont although I do have an opinion. I think he's just having fun. What do you think?


















Here's Lindsay and Mama and Duncan, just before we hugged Lindsay good-bye and took a seat on the bench to wait for the homeward bound #4 bus.

A swell holiday was had by all.

No comments: