Monday, August 06, 2007

If you didn't watch "The Closer" tonight, I'm feelin' mighty sorry for you!

Oh, my. I was either cryin' or hollerin' tonight! My Mama looked over at me and said, "You're just like Grandma Malone! She lived every minute of every TV show she ever watched. She didn't believe they were acting. She'd ask, 'Why'd he do that?'" Then Mama laughed. Thank goodness she waited until a commercial to share these insights into my lineage. She was speaking of her maternal grandmother, a little lady I never knew had seen a minute of television. It just never entered my mind.

I don't want to be a spoiler, just in case you decide to watch it when it's broadcast again on Tuesday evening. Check your local Comcast or whatever for the time. It's on TNT, just in case you want to search on the Guide on your own TV screen. Here in Portland, that's Comcast Ch. 54 at 10 p.m. tomorrow night.

If you've never seen a single episode of "The Closer," you might want to see if you can check out the DVD of Season 1 and/or Season 2 at your local library, or rent one or both from some video store, or buy them for yourself which is what I'm thinking I ought to do.

If this entire post reads like an advertisement, think of it more like a heart-felt recommendation from a Southern woman who just happens to have a purse sortta like Brenda Leigh's.

No comments: