Sunday, April 13, 2008

If they were taking photos, they caught everybody looking.

3helis_2
After work Friday, I stood at the corner of West Burnside and NW 22nd, wondering why on earth these three helicopters were there. People on all of the nearby sidewalks were looking up, too, wondering the same thing no doubt.
3heli_1
The two with the white paint on their sides hovered while the other one made wide loops. Every couple of minutes the two who hovered made their way a bit more north, eventually ending up on the north side of Burnside.
3helis_3
By the time I had walked north to the entrance to the Elephant's Deli parking lot, I took this last shot of the three, now over NW Davis. Once I got in the apartment, I went to the kitchen window to see if I could get another photo, but an apartment building stood between me and them. I never saw them come any farther north. And I don't have a clue as to why they were there either.

1 comment:

Bpaul said...

I saw them too. At first I thought there was an accident or something and they were news helicopters. But after a few minutes, I saw the bigger two definitely flying in formation, then a third joined them in formations. Very weird.

One was a news helicopter tho, we saw the logo on the side. KGW I believe.