Monday, March 14, 2011

The King's Speech, what a movie ought to be, at the Roseway Theater, what a neighborhood theater ought to be

DSC_0272p
When I realized I only had a few days left to make it to see The King's Speech at the Roseway Theater, I asked for an hour's vacation and made it to the 5:15 p.m. showing. What a fantastic mental health break to see a movie, especially one so well-written and acted. It looked wonderful, too. In fact, the movie captivated me from the beginning, as did the theater itself. I shall return.

DSC_0289
This quick shot doesn't really portray the luxury of the spacious seats which sport loads of leg room nor does it portray the actual size of the screen--it's huge!. Read all about the Roseway Theater and its owner here in an article from the Oregonian, our daily newspaper.

DSC_0291
The lobby, the concession stand.DSC_0280
The beautiful door decoration.

DSC_0284
Stained glass in the lobby.

DSC_0285
Gorgeous, isn't it?

DSC_0286
I think this one is etched.

DSC_0287
This one, too.

No comments: