Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On the appetizer menu at 3 Doors Down Cafe

DSC_0153p
Potato gnocchi, eggplant, mint, plum tomatoes--delicious, every bite, as I ate my dinner on March 4.

DSC_0152p
Soup of the day, March 4: Cauliflower, mushrooms, chicken stock, celery root and chopped flat Italian parsley. I ordered a cup and wished, when all was said and done, that I had ordered an entire bowl. The bowl is more the size of the one you see with the gnocchi. I'll know better next time. Oh, before I forget, the drink you see there by the edge of the cup is my swell New Fangled Old Fashioned, a bracing drink to enjoy on a Friday after work.

To keep this post on the up and up, I report to you that my older son Lamont is sous chef at 3 Doors Down Cafe. I also report how proud I am of him and everyone who works diligently and professionally to serve their customers at a restaurant I would frequent even if Lamont did not work there. The food and drink and service is that good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must be nice to have Lamont feeding mom. No kidding the soup looks great.

In reply to your comment...
I am getting some word via the Internet. Going to places like Twitter and reading comments from people who are living there and having problems finding gas and water and food.