Monday, May 26, 2008

My Memorial Day Post

Those of you who visit my blog will understand that I am not being glib or crass using these photos for my Memorial Day post because I have a history of using what I call "color-coordinated street level accessories." You also realize that I put a great deal of stock in serendipity. Thus, this post.

I looked out the bathroom window Sunday morning and saw these vehicles and immediately thought of the red, white and blue and Memorial Day. I quickly grabbed my camera and opened the window wide so that I could get the shot without hanging out of the fourth floor window.

red_white_blue_vehicles_1

Satisfied with the photo, I started to close the window. Movement caught my eye. I watched this young man get into the white car.
red_white_blue_2

As he drove off, I thought about how many men and women have left their loved ones over the years, in service to the red, white and blue. I stood there quietly, praying for the safety of those serving now.
red_white_blue_3

Today I hope those loved ones find some sort of peace in the knowledge that, all across the country, folks are remembering their loved ones with gratitude for their effort and sacrifice.

2 comments:

momom said...

Wow.

And, I love the way you "see".


Thank you.

Anonymous said...

*Sniff* That was beautiful...thank you!