Monday, June 09, 2008

Sidewalk Entertainment

Thursday evening after I left the waterfront, the fleet and the fireboat, I walked into Old Town Chinatown to catch a bus home. Thank goodness, or I wouldn't have come upon this entertaining scene outside the Old Town Precinct at NW 3rd and Couch.

The policewoman's horse enjoyed grabbing folded boxes from those stashed in another box at the curb. You can see some of them on the street where they fell. Here's how the entertainment started.
le_ppb_horses3

I'm thinking this horse is the class clown who thought that since the lady paid attention to the other horse, it was time to get on stage. The boxes provided the perfect prop.
le_ppb_horses1

I love the looks the two horses on the left are giving the class clown, just like long-suffering classmates who've seen all of this time and again.
le_ppb_horses4

By the way, the lady never noticed the fun-lovin' horse, but I certainly did and enjoyed every moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynette
I thoroughly enjoy your observations of our city. Your wonderful photographs and witty commentary provide insights that we natives often overlook. thanks!!
Michael

momom said...

Although I don't live in Portland, I want too now, thanks to Lynette's blog :D

I'm so glad that I happened upon her blog. I think it was via Google while searching for something about flower pictures. And who knew that I would end up meeting Duncan, Mamma, Lynette and boys! Not to mention, a new addiction for me.

Lynette said...

Thanks, y'all, for coming to visit Portland with me. It's a great place to be.