Saturday, December 20, 2008

Friday's photos for you

Our Secret Santa Pot Luck happened Friday at 12:30 p.m. I stuffed this small crockpot, the Kraft BBQ sauce, the Hillshire Farms Lit'l Smokies, and the plastic container of cookies into my large, water-repellent tote bag and carried them to work. All I brought home was about half of the cookies. Whooee, did we have the food! By the way, I didn't take the Wilton Holiday Cookie Set with me, although it is in the corner of the photo, behind the BBQ sauce. Another by the way, I can report that I made a tasty, popular choice with that Kraft Thick/n Spicy BBQ Sauce--I knew I had the minute I got to top off and started glug-glug-glugging it into the crock pot, on top of the cocktail wienies (my favorite name for those little goodies).
DSC_0048_potluck
Right before I left the building, I took this photo of the intersection so that you could see that the snow continued to fall during the night, light accumulation in my neighborhood.
DSC_0053
About 10:30 a.m., I noticed large flakes falling, so I knew I needed to try to get a photo or two. I mentioned what I found to WendyB, creative blogger who designs gorgeous jewelry, and she instantly named it for me, Split personality weather! See, it's snowing on the east side of the river and the sun is shining on the west side of the river--unreal. The flotsam-looking gray specks are actually snowflakes! You're looking west-northwest, with the Big Pink on the right end of the panorama of buildings.
DSC_0058
Here are some proper-looking snowflakes, shot against the rock wall that separates the roof garden from the patio.
DSC_0070
And here's that stretch of sidewalk, again, as of about 5:45 p.m. Friday. The big flakes didn't really accumulate around the city. But we have predicted as much as six inches in Portland, over the weekend. Six inches!
DSC_0072

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynette
Merry Christmas to you, "mama" and the boys! Portland is a richer place since your family has moved here.

I look forward to your photos and writing all the next year.
Michael

MissKris said...

I've been too busy to do much visiting lately but I wanted to make sure I make it by here to wish you and Mama and your boys a most joyous, blessed holiday season! Isn't this weather incredible?! What do you transplanted Louisianans - I hope that's right! - think of this?! It sure reminds me of around New Year's in 1969 when we more or less had a blizzard and deep snow. After getting out to do my Christmas shopping and grocery shopping at 7 this morning, I am HOME for the duration! Hope you are, too, and let's pray the electricity stays on when the freezing rain hits! Merry Christmas!!!!! (((((HUG)))))

Lynette said...

Thanks, Michael! We appreciate your comment very much.

MissKris, thanks to you, too. We're transplanted Mississippians and are amazed by this weather!