Thursday, December 04, 2008

Look what I found among the daffodils!

Tuesday evening after work I stopped by the Multnomah County Central Library to return two books. I came out the front door on SW 10th and turned north, like I always do so that I can go to the closest bus stop. But, for some reason I decided to turn west once I'd crossed SW Yamhill instead of walking on down to SW Morrison where I usually turn west.

Boy, am I ever glad I made that deviation! Look what I found in the window of a lovely vintage house, right across the street from the library's arched windows--see their reflection in the photo? Santa's standing in the lower right corner. Is that a pom-pom he's holding in his black glove? For the Oregon State Beavers? And is this a home or a store? I couldn't tell, but I did immediately recognize what else I saw in the window.

It's the "Fra-gee-lee... major award" from "A Christmas Story." And the Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle (BB Gun), still in it's box.
leg_lamp_lone_ranger
Wait! What's the Lone Ranger doing down there at the window sill? Will he dare to look up the skirt of the leg lamp? Only the Shadow knows. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

No comments: