Friday, July 24, 2009

By the numbers, Wood Village Nite Out, No. 2

For the next part of my Friday night fun, I'll share some of the K-9 demonstrations. I used Google to try to find out facts about each dog, using their photos to help me. Plus I remember that the deputy sheriff announcing called the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office dogs deputies and the Lake Oswego Police Department's dog officer. While I found photos and names for both of the Sheriff's dogs, I couldn't find one of the Lake Oswego dog. I did remember that his name started with a C, so I think he's Charger. The solid black dog is Varro and the dog with the fluffy coat is Ryker.

Here's each dog. I had a time deciding which ones to show of each one. Those I picked show the dogs doing different things to accomplish the task, find and stop the deputy playing the bad guy.

I can't remember what this was called, but I think it was for Varro to close-in on the deputy/bad guy and keep him stopped in his tracks. Varro stealthily approaches.
DSC_153_varro1

Wouldn't you like to know what he's saying to his partner?
DSC_160_varro2

The deputy/bad guy decided to move. Bad idea.
DSC_168_varro3

Ryker had stared down the deputy/bad guy and had him standing with his hands up right before this photo. You can tell that the deputy/bad guy has decided to step between the K9 deputy and his handler. Ryker reacted instantly.
DSC_66_r1

DSC_67_v2

Charger, Lake Oswego Police Department, takes off after a deputy/bad guy who was hiding in a refrigerator box, completely out of sight.
DSC_83_c1

DSC_107_c2
From that first photo of Charger, you can tell he's fast! The second time he came off the lead, he quickly caught the deputy/bad guy.

No comments: