Monday, July 27, 2009

Special, created with skill, precision, and love

Grilled, house-made, boudin blanc sausage, creamed corn & sweet onions, from 3 Doors Down Cafe, SE 37th and SE Hawthorne, which is right where I headed last Friday after leaving Wood Village Nite Out.
DSC_0759_boudin
Surely this photo ought to be in Webster's beside the definition for succulent, the adjective: full of juice, juicy; moist and tasty, toothsome; as in a succulent meal.

Amen. Boudin blanc created by Dave Marth, chef/owner of 3DD.

Hi, Dave.

DSC_0004_spoons_600

DSC_0003_spoons_600
Leland carved these spoons! He gave them to Mama and me for Mother's Day. Sweet.

Potato gnocchi with Fava bean succotash, my other appetizer, prepared by none other than Flash, line cook, situated right beside my New Old Fashioned--house-made dried maraschino cherries, muddles orange, Angostura bitters, sugar and bourbon.
DSC_0259_old_fshioned_gnocchi
I made sure I had several glasses of water before ordering the alcoholic beverage, plus I knew Leland would be driving me on home.

What a perfect night!

No comments: