Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 26, 2008 - ABC Wednesday - F is for Flying and a few more "F" words

flying_steel_enhanced
Construction workers prepare steel forms for flying from the flat bed truck to the site of the new skyscraper, First and Main, just west of the Willamette River.
flying_steel_close_enhanced
Here's a close up of the forms, on the fly.

In looking at them, I wonder if they are steel rebars, those reinforcement bars that go into poured concrete, into columns maybe. If my dear husband LeRoy were alive, he'd tell me exactly what they are--he was a construction worker and a carpenter. I know his career is one of the reasons buildings and bridges fascinate me so.

7 comments:

momom said...

And "F" is for Fond Feelings For someone that you loved, the Father of your sons?

You once said that you were trying to work on your
Fear of going across bridges. Did LeRoy know about that? He probably told you how strong and unFailing the bridges were.

Of course, we know now that the bridge collapse a year or so ago was not an unFailing bridge.

And, some construction workers look so Fine From all that hard work, that their bodies are Firm and Fascinating.

Sorry.... :)

Lynette said...

Yes, honey, and LeRoy was one of those fine, firm, and fascinating construction workers, let me tell you!

You ought to get yourself a blog going.

Rambling Woods said...

Lynette. Thank you for the kind comment on my blog with the bald blue jay. I am sorry to read that you lost your husband and I can understand why things like this would be of interest. And now I am interested too. You live in a beautiful part of the country to share in your blog. --Michelle--

Brian said...

Thank you for the comments on my blog for this weesk letter F. You are right they are flying and I bet there are a lot more flights to take off before this building is completed.

momom said...

Please let me know if I am leaving too many comments. Is that what you mean about my getting myself a blog going? Maybe I am commenting too much? I just really enjoy your blog. Maybe I'll lay off.

Lynette said...

Oh, no, I never, ever meant that at all. What I meant--and was sort of tired when I commented in relation to your comment and didn't realize what it might sound like--was that you have such a great way with words and catch so many details that you ought to have a blog. I'm sure it will be a really interesting one.

Keep on commenting, please. I read all of them to Mama, and she enjoys them, too.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Fabulous post - no more to say right now