Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday, July 26, 2008 - Green leaves, Southeast Portland

green_leaves_615x529
Walking on Mother's Day, along SE 37th between Division and Hawthorne, the contours, shapes, lines, and color of these leaves caught me eye.
green_leaves_615x470
Luckily someone had planted them in a narrow bed between the inner edge of the sidewalk and a stone retaining wall. Otherwise I would have missed the chance to take several photos.

What I have for you here are two tight crops, accentuating what drew me to the leaves in the first place. I especially like the overall shape of the leaves, sort of like funnels. See those drops of water? I wonder how long it took them to slide down into the plant.

2 comments:

momom said...

How did I miss this pic? I love hostas. This looks like one of the blue variety, with the smoothe, matte leaves. Smoothe waxy finish, I mean. The veining and undulations are beautiful, as are the variations of shadow.

These two pics would look great in black & white, matted and framed, side by side.

Lynette said...

Glad you liked these photos.