Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sunday, July 20, 2008 ... Bug Convertible

sleek_vw_red_convertible_bug
Behind the VW Bug convertible, you can see the green wall of Elephant's, with a banner that advertises their Garden Party Room.

I believe it would be great fun to drive this car. LeRoy and I had a VW Bug for a couple of years before he died; he used to drive it to work when we lived in Houston, Texas. I can remember how much Lamont and Leland enjoyed riding in it with him.

Do you have any VW stories to share? Or any sleek cars you used to know/have/love that you could tell us about? Eventually I know I'll find a 1955 four-door Chevrolet, a 1966 Chevrolet Impala and a Chevy II, maybe a 1962--Mama and I have FMD about that date, failing memory disease!

1 comment:

momom said...

You get all the good stuff in Portland! I already shared my "car" stories in other of your car stories/pics.

I'm getting a hint of a story about LeRoy. I'm sorry that he died. I can tell that you are reminiscing and miss him. You and he certainly brought two fine boys into the world, though.

This photo is great with the red/green colors.